Solution Architect Nov. 2011 to Present
Pro-Med Clinical Systems Fort Lauderdale, FL
A private health care software company, providing emergency department information systems.
· Established a load testing and quality assurance system with Selenium HQ to showcase maximum user concurrency levels and application bottlenecks
· Created process and scripts around automatic build and deployment of code to environments
· Gap analysis on overall team structure; conducted extensive interview process to hire database administrator, UI/UX architect, java developers, and junior developers.
· Architected key components of development effort to increase overall system performance along with correcting known flaws in the system.
· Led the team on technical exploration with partnership opportunities, assessments and evaluations. Created mock prototypes for presentation to key players.
Chief Information Officer (CIO/CTO) and Senior Architect Nov. 2008 to Nov. 2011
City Power Marketing, LLC Fort Lauderdale, FL
A private energy trading company, buying and selling wholesale electricity on independent system operators (ISO) such as PJM, MISO, and NYISO.
· Architected flagship product suite, a web-based platform which has grown to encompass all trading tools, including bid submission, business intelligence and financial dashboards, used daily by trading team.
· Worked with CEO to identify new trading products for the business team to pursue such as financial transmission rights, and generation tools. Directed the IT team and completed the project in four months, which brought significant revenue into the company.
· Successfully migrated all IT operations from New Jersey office to Fort Lauderdale, including building a new data center, networking, phone system, multiple redundant internet connections, and vendor selection and management. With 100% uptime during the entire transition. Created an off-site data center with full system replication, allowing improved uptime, and disaster recovery options.
· 15% reduction in costs through proper database design and server implementation on a multi million dollar IT budget, including 99.9% uptime achieved on production systems critical to day to day trading operations.
· Refined web portal and enhanced user experience by increasing data relevancy and level of personalization. Increased information sharing between trading team ISO's allowing instant information sharing between silos creating a more unified team.
· Leveraged Scrum and Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies implementing two week release cycles to accelerate time-to-market and gain competitive edge through a predictable schedule, and the ability to pivot on projects as the trading team demanded. Expanded the IT team by 30%, mentored team through code reviews, and coordinating additional training programs as needed for new projects.
· Updated our business plan to seek additional funding allowing us to further expand into new markets and delivered complex data analysis reports at critical junctures during negotiations with legal proceedings.
IT Architect Mar. 2000 to Nov. 2008
IBM Corporation Wooster, OH
· Launched numerous e-commerce and portal websites while working on fortune 500 company engagements both nationally and internationally for clients such as: Home Depot, Vodafone, Sears, Pfizer, Circuit City, Whirlpool, and Tribune Interactive among others.
· Developed a national practice of e-commerce developers through training/recruitment efforts.
· Led an international team through the sales/solution outline phase to asses and sign multi million dollar worldwide SAP upgrade and e-commerce migration project.
· Specialized in Search Engine Optimization techniques on several engagements, and led internal training sessions cross training other teams in how search engines worked.
· Customized both BroadVision and WebSphere portal and commerce solutions to meet business objectives and timeframes.
· Integrated web portal features with automated banking machines and customized cash register systems using Commerce 360.
IT Developer Jan. 1997 to Mar. 2000
Xerox Corporation Rochester, NY
· Launched the very first iteration of business to consumer e-commerce sales for Xerox.com, leveraging BroadVision e-commerce and an oracle database.
· Integrated through EDI and XML business to business re-order transactions for major vendors and suppliers using IBM Net.Data products with a DB2 database.
· Created internal website projects to foster internal communications among divisions using perl, php, and mysql databases.
· Integrated Web applications with mainframe legacy data sources and applications.
· Supported large internal website for yearly teamwork day event, including programming and interfacing with graphic design team.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
Trained in PJM Generation (2009), PJM Operations 101 (2008), WebSphere Commerce (2007), BroadVision (2000), IBM Net.Data (1998).
Technology and business strategy, business development, infrastructure development, SaaS, cloud computing, data warehousing, data mining, extract transform and load concepts, market analysis, vendor management, financial management and cost control, social media and marketing, IT governance, business intelligence, human factors, user experience and interfaces.
RIT Alumni Association, South Florida Young Professionals, Lake Ridge Civic Association